Saturday, March 9, 2013

into the Vortex at Sedona

Sedona is one of the most beautiful natural cathedrals in the world. The whole area is one grand vista after another. Takes my breath away every time I come.
The combination of natural erosion and the red sandstone creates grandeur matched only by the trees and cacti who make this their home.

Forgive me if I overwhelm you with pictures, I just can't help myself!
Really, I am only posting one tenth of the ones I took!
 Nancy takes a minute to check out the local flora.

The Indians, and their cousins in Mexico, harvest this prickly pear, scrape off the spines, and cook it. Here in Sedona, you can order "prickly pear fries" instead of french fries! We had the pleasure of visiting with one of our guests from the Baja 36 day Fantasy RV Tour we just finished, they had reserved a week at the same timeshare where we were staying.
Not too shabby, eh? Just below the BBQ area, there is a pool and hot tub. FYI, this is Sedona Summit. Nice. So, after 4 days of this beautiful weather, 70's, mostly sunny, great hiking weather, along comes a cold front. Check my next post!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It does look great and we have never been there.